Are you an art buff? Well, if you are, you and millions of other individuals surely don’t prefer the same style of painting. Each individual has his or her own yaste in art. A person who likes abstract painting may not like gothic painting. Water color and oil painting are very much different and so, you may not like them both. People are like this because of the soul of the painting – themes.
Each painting has a distinct theme. In fact, theme is considered of primary importance in each art piece including paintings. It is the painting's life and therefore an essential element. If you can tell the theme of a particular painting, you can easily pinpoint how and why it was created. But of course, this will take time and expertise.
If you want to paint, make sure that you establish first the theme of your painting. Otherwise, your painting will be lifeless. You can choose among these various themes – animal figures, gods, goddesses, mythology, romance, nature, court scenes, folk lore, literature, and many others. It's really up to you to choose. You see, painting themes are based from imagination and real life. Make sure that you choose one that you're really interested in and can put it into life.
If you like nature paintings, your theme may be landscapes, skyscapes, seascapes, riverscapes, and many others. Suppose you choose landscapes. You can do abstract paintings of the landscapes, acrylic painting, American painting, oil paintings, Chinese paintings, watercolor, urban paintings, romantic landscapes, renaissance, and so on. If you made an oil painting of the landscapes, you can still create sub-themes.
Some painters base their themes according to the medium they use. You can use watercolor, oil, ink, pastel colors, and other naturally obtained colors. Based on the medium you're using, you can do elephant, cats, or camel paintings or whatever it is that you desire.
It is believed that humans have souls and without the souls, man will cease to exist. This too can used to explain the themes of paintings. Without a theme, your painting will be lifeless. It will be in disarray and no one can appreciate it. Paintings come into life if you use the right medium and the right theme. This should be your first task as a painter.
Art admirers are always on the hunt for beautiful and meaningful paintings. As mentioned earlier, each individual has his or her own art preference. But despite this fact, the theme is still of great value for art admirers. Without a theme, art admirers will not be able to choose a particular work of art.
There are many resources online that you can use to help you in establishing a painting theme. New painters should also do some research about painting – how painting started, its evolution, the famous paintings, and many other helpful information. This wills serve as your guide as you start your painting sessions. Some individuals even enroll in painting schools to learn the basics of painting.
You too can enroll in painting classes to enhance your talent. Painting as a career is not a very easy task. You have to learn many things so that other people can appreciate your work. But there are also those who find painting a great hobby. It helps them to ease tension after a hard day's work. Whatever your reasons are, just continue what you're doing. Who knows, you may be the next Da Vinci or Michelangelo.
Painting Related Articles
- All About Tole Painting, Learning the Basics
- Andy Warhol Paintings: The Pinnacle of Pop
- Body Painting with Women Subjects
- Children's Face Painting Designs
- Contemporary Painting - What is it?
- Discover the Pleasure Derived from Flower Paintings
- Famous Paintings – An Inspiration to Other Painters
- Getting Your Image Immortalized Through Portrait Paintings
- Ideas for Halloween Face Painting
- Important Information on Paintings for Would Be Painters
- Japanese Paintings: Adding Elegance in Your Home
- Leonardo da Vinci's Most Famous Paintings – The Mona Lisa
- Nature Paintings: A Great Addition to Your Living Room
- Need Face Painting Examples for Your Kid’s Party?
- Oil Painting – To Collect or to Invest?
- Pablo Picasso Paintings And Releasing Your Inner Picasso
- Painting Kitchen Cabinets: The Cheaper Alternative
- Steps to Follow for Pumpkin Painting
- Take the Country to your Home with Landscape Paintings
- The Cave Paintings of Trois Freres
- The Soul of Painting – Themes
- Useful Ideas for Face Painting for Beginners
- Watercolor Paintings – Why You Should Try It
- What Abstract Painting is all About