Halloween is fun both for adults and young kids. If you've enjoyed painting pumpkins with your family and friends, you will surely enjoy face painting during this special occasion. You can scare the wits out of young kids and even adults if you paint scary faces once they knock on your door and ask the same old line – 'trick or treat'.
Here are some excellent ideas for Halloween face painting.
Pumpkin – you can paint a pumpkin on both sides of your cheeks. The pumpkin should be bright orange in color. The nose, mouth, and eyes can be painted in black. The outline and ridges of pumpkin design should be light grey.
If you want, you can make your whole face look like a pumpkin. The base should be orange and for the cheekbones, you have to apply a darker shade of orange. Make a triangle shape over your eyes and paint it black. For your lips and nose, you must paint it black as well.
Skull – the skull design should occupy the whole face. The base should be white and after you've painted the white paint, you can paint a bright red color for the lips. Make an outline of fangs on both sides of your mouth in light grey. The fill should be white and the tip should be painted in red so that it will look like blood. Use smoky grey for the eye lids and exaggerate your eye brows with sweeping strokes in black color.
Bat – make a bat design over your whole face. Just like the skull design, use white color as base. Above your nose and your forehead, paint the face of the bat in black and light grey for the eyeballs. The body of the bat should be painted over your nose ending at the nostril's base. Use different shades of black for the body. The wings cover your eyes and your mid-cheek. You can paint some definitions by using light grey on the wings. Over your lips, paint exaggerated curls upward to the corners. Use your imagination and you can create a realistic bat design.
These are just four great ideas that you can use. if you want, you can obtain other painting ideas online. There are many helpful websites you can visit to get some great ideas for Halloween face painting. Visit the different sites and if you're diligent with your search, you can find pictures of the designs. With a picture to refer to, it will be a lot easier to paint because you already have a clear idea of what the design will look like. Find a design that you like so that it will be easier to paint.
You can even paint your own face if you like, but this will a bit difficult. Get the whole family involved and paint each other's face. But before anything else, you have to buy face paints, paint brushes, and other painting materials that you will need. You can purchase them in paint stores or in craft stores.
Celebrate Halloween with your family and friends. Give life to this special occasion by doing some face painting. Just remember to wash the paint off your face before you go to sleep to avoid any irritations. Have fun this Halloween season by painting your face in different designs.
Painting Related Articles
- All About Tole Painting, Learning the Basics
- Andy Warhol Paintings: The Pinnacle of Pop
- Body Painting with Women Subjects
- Children's Face Painting Designs
- Contemporary Painting - What is it?
- Discover the Pleasure Derived from Flower Paintings
- Famous Paintings – An Inspiration to Other Painters
- Getting Your Image Immortalized Through Portrait Paintings
- Ideas for Halloween Face Painting
- Important Information on Paintings for Would Be Painters
- Japanese Paintings: Adding Elegance in Your Home
- Leonardo da Vinci's Most Famous Paintings – The Mona Lisa
- Nature Paintings: A Great Addition to Your Living Room
- Need Face Painting Examples for Your Kid’s Party?
- Oil Painting – To Collect or to Invest?
- Pablo Picasso Paintings And Releasing Your Inner Picasso
- Painting Kitchen Cabinets: The Cheaper Alternative
- Steps to Follow for Pumpkin Painting
- Take the Country to your Home with Landscape Paintings
- The Cave Paintings of Trois Freres
- The Soul of Painting – Themes
- Useful Ideas for Face Painting for Beginners
- Watercolor Paintings – Why You Should Try It
- What Abstract Painting is all About