Little children are looking forward to Halloween. It is the time when they can play tricks on other kids and older people. Aside from that, they also get a chance to ask for candies and other treats from the different houses they visit. During Halloween, you will often see lawns decorated with pumpkins. If you would like to put pumpkins on your lawns, you will need designs for pumpkin painting.
Decorating pumpkins is not that hard. When the Halloween season is already near, you can start looking for excellent decorating ideas.
Make this year an extra memorable one. You can decorate the pumpkins together with your family and closest friends. There are fast ways to do this task, just read on and you will find out.
First and foremost, you have to shop for a pumpkin that has a flat bottom surface. It doesn’t have to be really flat; a bit flat surface will do even on one side. You will need this if you have kids joining the painting session. But if you're all older adults, any pumpkin will do.
Once you've purchased the pumpkins, drop by a local paint or craft store. Buy acrylic paints because this is suitable for pumpkin painting. You can get the paints in bigger bottles, enough for the whole family. You can get different colors especially if you have kids helping out so that they can create their own crazy designs.
Before you start the painting session, you must determine first the design. Teach the kids the steps in painting. You can create scary designs or even funny designs. You can find a lot of designs on the net even if you log on for just several minutes. You just have to type the words 'pumpkin painting' and the results will be displayed on the screen.
You can even create faces of celebrities. This is rather difficult because you have to concentrate on the details of the face. You can put wigs and ties on that the pumpkins to accentuate the face of the pumpkin. To make a good face design on the pumpkins, you simply have to put the distinguishing feature of the celebrity and exagerate it a bit.
You can also make other designs aside from the faces. You can make monster designs, animal designs and many others. Pick something that you're interested in so that it will be a lot easier to paint on the pumpkin.
Aside from the acrylic paints, you need to buy paint brushes and small containers where you can mix and match the paints. Once you know the particular design, you can start painting. Sit in a circle and put some newspapers on the center. Put the paints, brushes, and other materials over the newspaper. Give each family member a pumpkin and then you can start painting.
This is a very exciting activity for the whole family and among friends for the upcoming Halloween. You can put lights inside the pumpkin heads to make the design more visible at night. Do your pumpkin painting a day before Halloween. This way, you can prepare for your costumes, treats, candies, and other things that you will use for the special occasion. Enjoy pumpkin painting with your family and friends. This year's Halloween will surely be extra memorable.
Painting Related Articles
- All About Tole Painting, Learning the Basics
- Andy Warhol Paintings: The Pinnacle of Pop
- Body Painting with Women Subjects
- Children's Face Painting Designs
- Contemporary Painting - What is it?
- Discover the Pleasure Derived from Flower Paintings
- Famous Paintings – An Inspiration to Other Painters
- Getting Your Image Immortalized Through Portrait Paintings
- Ideas for Halloween Face Painting
- Important Information on Paintings for Would Be Painters
- Japanese Paintings: Adding Elegance in Your Home
- Leonardo da Vinci's Most Famous Paintings – The Mona Lisa
- Nature Paintings: A Great Addition to Your Living Room
- Need Face Painting Examples for Your Kid’s Party?
- Oil Painting – To Collect or to Invest?
- Pablo Picasso Paintings And Releasing Your Inner Picasso
- Painting Kitchen Cabinets: The Cheaper Alternative
- Steps to Follow for Pumpkin Painting
- Take the Country to your Home with Landscape Paintings
- The Cave Paintings of Trois Freres
- The Soul of Painting – Themes
- Useful Ideas for Face Painting for Beginners
- Watercolor Paintings – Why You Should Try It
- What Abstract Painting is all About