Man, as its essence of his or her humanity, is constantly fascinated and curious in all sorts of things. Because of this, man was able to create many wonders in this world and he can use them to his own advantage. Many years ago, man also took interest in painting. In fact, you can see paintings all over the world.
During the prehistoric times, painting was already being practiced. Many cave paintings were found in Mexico, India, and France. Today, the cave paintings in Adamgarh and Bhimbetka are still clearly visible. Even the colors used by the prehistoric people look lively and fresh.
Surrounding regions such as meadows, moors, rivers, hills, clouds, skies, seas, people, birds, and animals reflect human disposition. The vibrancy and colorfulness of the entire surroundings served as man's inspiration to recreate nature's magic on caves, rocks, canvas, walls, paper, cloths, and many other surfaces. Paintings are given variety through the use of various media such as water colors, oil colors, pastel, and a lot more.
Paintings are considered as an art forms. Through the years, the works of outstanding artists were considered phenomenal. Great painters included Leonardo Da Vinci, Raphael, Michelangelo, Dali, Vincent Van Gogh, M. F. Husain, and Pablo Picasso. These painters had their own specializations and they used different styles as shown on their paintings.
Paintings have existed for thousands of years now and people have witnessed the emergence of diverse painting styles. Very few painters became popular but this does not discourage other ordinary painters to stop making works of art.
Here are the recognized painting styles – Fauvism, Constructivism, Abstract Art, Classicism, Aestheticism, Aboriginal Art, Art Nouveau, Art Brut, Byzantine Art, Baroque, Cubism, Dragging, Dada, Encaustic, Expressionism, Gothic, Impressionism, Marbling, Mannerism, Modernism, Minimalism, Neoclassicism, Primitivism, Stippling, Ragging, Realism, Surrealism, Spattering, Symbolism, Wood Graining, and Theorem.
A lot of artists love folk and tribal paintings because of their distinct touch. The natural colors, simplicity, and the local themes being used attracted many art admirers. If you visit India, you will find a lot of folk and tribal paintings dating hundreds of years. When you get the chance to travel to India, try to visit Bihar and Mithila's Madhubani paintings, Maharashtra's Warli paintings, Orissa's Pata Chitra, and Rajasthan's Phad paintings. If you ask tourist guides, you will find out that there are still many painting art works that you can check out.
Whether you're a painter or simply an art lover, you will surely find peace and serenity by just staring at the paintings. You can only appreciate the beauty of paintings if you know a true work of art. Sometimes, it's quite hard to understand the meaning of paintings. For instance, not all individuals appreciate an abstract painting. It will depend on the individual's taste and perception.
Some people love to collect paintings. It can add to your home's beauty and overall design. You can find expensive paintings, as well as cheap ones. If you want, you can shop for paintings online because you will have a wide range of choices there. There are also local painting shops that you can visit. But if you're really into painting, perhaps you might want to try it on your own. Find a suitable medium and work on your own painting.
Paintings are already part of human existence. People should learn to appreciate it. Research more about paintings online and see how they have developed and evolved for thousands of years.
Painting Related Articles
- All About Tole Painting, Learning the Basics
- Andy Warhol Paintings: The Pinnacle of Pop
- Body Painting with Women Subjects
- Children's Face Painting Designs
- Contemporary Painting - What is it?
- Discover the Pleasure Derived from Flower Paintings
- Famous Paintings – An Inspiration to Other Painters
- Getting Your Image Immortalized Through Portrait Paintings
- Ideas for Halloween Face Painting
- Important Information on Paintings for Would Be Painters
- Japanese Paintings: Adding Elegance in Your Home
- Leonardo da Vinci's Most Famous Paintings – The Mona Lisa
- Nature Paintings: A Great Addition to Your Living Room
- Need Face Painting Examples for Your Kid’s Party?
- Oil Painting – To Collect or to Invest?
- Pablo Picasso Paintings And Releasing Your Inner Picasso
- Painting Kitchen Cabinets: The Cheaper Alternative
- Steps to Follow for Pumpkin Painting
- Take the Country to your Home with Landscape Paintings
- The Cave Paintings of Trois Freres
- The Soul of Painting – Themes
- Useful Ideas for Face Painting for Beginners
- Watercolor Paintings – Why You Should Try It
- What Abstract Painting is all About