Tattoos are a common thing these days. They are more popular than ever before. Research has shown that nearly 1 in 4 people have at least one tattoo. There are many designs to choose from, giving people a chance to be creative. Below, we will take a look at some of the most popular tattoo designs.
Tribal tattoos are among the most popular designs. They have been around for hundreds and hundreds of years and they are always evolving and becoming more and more complex with their designs and styles. Tribal tattoos can either be the traditional black style that cover the arms and the legs or the more colorful styles that can cover every area of the body. The colorful, more modern look is becoming more and more popular when compared to other styles.
The 'old school' styles of tattoos are also popular. Anchors and things like that are making a great comeback these days and not just with sailors. These styles were very common and very popular back in the 60s. They are rapidly gaining their popularity back, as females and males are getting anchors and swallow designs tattooed on them more and more.
Lower back tattoos are the most common for women. The lower back is one of the most sexual and sensual areas on a women, making the ideal spot for a tattoo. Tribal designs are the most popular, although flowers, dragons, and other symbols make great tattoos as well. The lower back offers plenty of natural curves as well, which can make for an innovative tattoo. Often times, women tend to include tribal that spreads, covering the base of their hips as well.
Dragon designs are another popular type style of tattoos. They were popular in the past, and are now starting to get their popularity back. There are a lot of different dragons to choose from, including the mythical dragon and ancient Chinese dragon. Dragons are great on the chest for males and the back for females. Dragon tattoos can be virtually any size, although most males tend to have them cover one side of their chest or the upper region of their arms.
Celtic tattoos are also popular as well. They are mostly seen with those who have a Celtic heritage, although some with no Celtic heritage have them as well. They offer a variety of symbols and designs, providing universal meanings for everyone. Often times they are mixed with tribal tattoos to create a more innovative tattoo.
There are several other types of tattoos out there, although the above are the most common. Tattoos can be very creative and innovative; it all depends on what you want. If you're looking to stand out and be truly creative you can always have a professional tattoo artist design one for you.
Tattoo Related Articles
- Problems Associated With Tattoos
- Tattoos: Not Just For Bikers Anymore
- What to Expect When You Get Your Tattoo
- Why Do People Get Tattoos?
- Application Techniques Of Tattoos
- Are Tattoos An Addiction?
- Caring For A New Tattoo
- Celebrities and Their Tattoos
- Celebrities Love Tattoos
- Celtic Tattoos
- Choosing Your Tattoo Parlor
- First You Want It, Then You Don't - Tattoo Removal
- Free Tattoo Designs
- How Tattoos Are Made
- How to Find a Good Tattoo Artist
- Information To Known Before Getting A Tattoo
- Innovative Tribal Designs
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Lower Back Tattoos
- Minimizing The Pain Of Tattoos
- Physchology And Tattoos
- Picking Your Dream Design
- Popular Tattoo Designs
- Positive Attributes Of Tattoos
- Possible Side Effects of Getting a Tattoo
- Pros And Cons Of Tattoos
- Tattoo Cover Ups
- Tattoo Designs
- Tattoo Removal
- Tattoo Removal Options
- Tattoo Safety
- Tattoos Around The World
- Tattoos In History
- Tattoos VS. Other Body Art
- Temporary Tattoos
- The Costs Of Tattoos
- The History Of Tattoos
- The Meanings Of Flower Tattoos
- The Risks Of Getting Tattoos
- Things To Expect From Tattoo Removal
- Things To Know About Tattoos
- Time And Tattoos
- Tongue Tattoos
- Variations in Tattoos
- What Do The Religions Say About Tattoos?
- What Is Going On Today With Tattoos
- Who Is Most Likely To Get Tattoos?
- Why Get a Tattoo?